BSc. in Nursing
Programme Code: UBSNURSFXL1A (Kingston); UBSNURSFXD1A (Montego Bay)
The major focus of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing course of study is to graduate professional nurses capable of delivering safe health care in local, regional and international healthcare systems.
The course prepares professional general trained nurses with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitude required for the delivery of world-class health care.
The course of study is based on a foundation of knowledge in the sciences, humanities and related professional disciplines integrated with the body of related nursing knowledge. These assist the graduates to acquire the critical thinking skills relevant for competent and professional practice.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
5 GCE ‘O’ Level (A, B, or C passing) or CXC Level (1, 2, or 3 (June 1998 and after)
- English Language
- Biology or Human or Social Biology
- Any other 2 approved subjects
- No more than 2 passes at C or level 3 will be accepted
In addition, applicants are required to:
- Be age 17 years or more
- Submit a medical certificate (physical, dental, Ophthalmic)
- Sit a pre-entrance test administered by the School Of Nursing
- Attend an interview and satisfy the selection committee regarding suitability for entrance to the nursing education course.
يُدرَّس البرنامج في: